I found this yummy recipe here. It freezes well and I will make this again for sure.
Ingredients:1 lb. hamburger or turkey
1/2 cup diced onion
1 package taco seasoning
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain- I don't eat Tomatoes so I didn't use these12 oz. package jumbo shells
2 cups shredded cheese
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup medium salsa- I didn't have any1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Directions:
Put water in large pot and set it on stove to boil
Brown the hamburger or turkey
Add onion to hamburger or turkeyAdd taco seasoning
Add can of black beans with liquid... don't drain
After water boils add box of jumbo shells
I added small can of green chilis... yum.... add one "chili can" of water if you don't use the tomatoes
At this point the original recipe says to add tomato sauce and salsa together and pour some in bottom of 9x13 pan. I seasoned my tomato sauce with 'slap ya momma' seasoning and garlic powder and pepper and chipotle seasoning. then added a little to the pan.
After the meat mixture cools to room temp, add half of the cheese
I rinsed my cooked shells in cold water so that I could handle them. Then stuff each shell and place in the 9x13 pan
Add the remaining tomato sauce (salsa if you used it) to the top of the shells
Add remaining cheese to the shells Cover with foil
Bake at 30 degrees for 25 minutes.... you can take the foil off the last 5 minutes of baking if you want to.
yum yum yum
This recipe supposedly freezes well.
No comments:
Post a Comment